Fertility Network: #Scream4IVF
1 in 6 couples in the UK experience infertility, yet 88% of local authorities don’t provide the recommended IVF treatment. And your access is decided not on your medical need, but on where you live. It’s a practice that’s left thousands of people screaming in frustration, screams that are going unheard.
We turned the silent screams of infertile couples into the world’s longest scream for IVF, providing a platform for a social campaign to get our voice heard by the people who could make the difference: the lawmakers.
We elevated the issue of IVF rationing to the national stage, gained over 100,000 petition signatures, and forced a debate in parliament. The government has since put pressure on all local authorities to stop IVF rationing, leading many to reinstate patients’ access to fertility treatment.
– 80 pieces of media coverage
– 105,000 petition signatures
– 2 local authorities reinstated patients’ access to IVF
– 4 local authorities stopped plans to reduce access to IVF
– Bronze – Clios Award – Public relations